Participants from AFREG I and II in Abuja Nigeria and Limuru Kenya and invitees who could not attend these two conferences started AFREG-Ghana in September 2009 though the first meeting actually took place in Kenya during the continental AFREG II in August the same year.
AFREG- Ghana Major Steps:
- Working Committee formed.
- Concept Paper written.
- First sensitisation conference held on 20th July, 2010 in Alisa Hotel Accra. About 100 leaders from Accra participated from the leadership of the Church, politicians, government, business, education etc.
- Advisory Committee formed.
- Preparation towards a major National conference from July 18-22 at GIMPA, Accra.
Brief History-Continental AFREG 1, Abuja Nigeria (July 2006)
In partnership with the Christian Association of Nigeria, the International Leadership Foundation (ILF) conducted the inaugural AFREG conference, in Abuja, Nigeria from July 25-28, 2006.
Bringing together nearly
- 200 key leaders, representing 27 African countries, from the church, education, business, non-governmental organisations, government leaders and
- Two Heads of State,
The event resulted in commitments to remain involved in moving to transform Africa.
Continental AFREG II, Limuru Kenya
With the theme, The Church in Mission and Transformation, AFREG II was designed to both sensitise and equip the church for playing her role as salt and light in society.
It brought together
- About 350 key leaders, representing 35 African countries, from the church, education, business, non-governmental organisations, government leaders and
- One Head of State and One Vice President, the event resulted in commitments to remain involved in moving to transform Africa.
Purpose of Continental AFREG 2
Equip leaders of the church in Africa to carry out the mission of spreading the gospel in a way that will result in total Christ-centred societal transformation on the continent and beyond
No more posts to load.
Load More Posts